WiFi ePaper display module
The 2.9″ ESPaper module displays data retrieved over WiFi on an ePaper display. The integrated ESP8266 Wroom-02 module updates the 296×128 black & which ePaper display over the SPI bus. The module also features a charging circuit for LiPo batteries and a JST connector. The passive nature of ePaper allows the module to run for weeks or even months from a battery on a single charge. Update frequency is almost exactly (inversely) proportional to total uptime. Tests showed a total uptime of several weeks for an update interval of 20 minutes.
ThingPulse also provides a WeatherStation sample application to be loaded onto this WiFi ePaper display kit. The application only requires a handful of parameters and is ready to go.
The open-source Minigrafx display driver library is also developed and maintained by ThingPulse. It offers examples for programming custom applications quickly.
Setup guide & support
- 2.9″ ePaper display 296*128 pixels, black & white
- Espressif ESP8266 Wroom-02 WiFi MCU
- JST LiPo battery connector and charging circuit
- 3 buttons for user interaction:
- RST: wakeup the module from deep sleep, e.g. to refresh data
- S0 FLASH/GPIO0: used to put ESP8266 in programming mode or for user menu
- S1 GPIO 12: User interaction
Do not expose the unprotected e-paper display panel to high temperature, high humidity, direct sunlight, or fluorescent for long. → data sheet
Operating temperature range: 0 – 50°C
Storage temperature range: -25 – 70°C
Humidity range: 40 – 70%RH
Avoid direct sunlight.