The ThingPulse Color Kit Grande is a modern IoT starter kit which offers tons of options. It contains the following items.
- 1x ePulse Feather, our low-power ESP32 development board
- 1x 3.5″ 320×480 Color Display (ILI9488, TFT) with capacitive touch interface (FT6236)
- 1x custom connector PCB to connect the ESP32 and the display
- 1x set of special pin headers, to be soldered to connector PCB
- 1x on-off switch, to be optionally soldered to connector PCB
- 1x Grove connector, to be optionally soldered to connector PCB
- 4x double-sided foam adhesive to secured display to PCB
Please note: soldering is required for this kit!
A step-by-step tutorial/guide for hardware incl. soldering and software is in the works on our documentation platform.
As this kit ships with our ePulse Feather ESP32 development board, the kit thereby inherits all the great features of said devkit.
The large 3.5″ 320×480 color display also sports a high-precision capacitive touch interface. Contrary to resistive touch interfaces that often work best when using a stylus this auto-calibrated module offers a smartphone-like user experience.
This is a DIY solder kit. Yet, the connectors for the display are already pre-assembled on the connector PCB, as those require a more experienced hand at the soldering iron. Hence, for the inexperienced solderer this offers the best of both worlds. Also, you may choose to not add the on-off switch or the Grove connector; both are optional.
The connector PCB offers extendability in two ways: the broken out pins of the microcontroller and the connector for the Grove system.
Color Kit Grande Projects
We will soon release the first sample project to get you started in no time. The software will be built on top of Bodmer’s TFT_eSPI library and a separate library for the FT6236 touch controller. The tutorial documents how to install and configure it.
Furthermore, the hardware in this kit is compatible with the FreeTouchDeck project and the examples of the ESP32 TouchDown project. Please see our documentation for how to change pin assignments if you would like to use one of those sketches.
There are no reviews yet.